Despite the rain, the annual Carluke on the Run event took place on Sunday 2nd June. Our 10k challenge had more runners than ever before – thanks to everyone who came out to race! During the race spectators were able to get involved in a number of activities – an assault course and long jump competition was hosted by Carluke High School Volunteers, a ‘Beat the Goalie’ competition was hosted by Carluke Young Farmers, and SLLC provided zorb balls.
Carluke High School also provided the tuck shop and tea and coffee which raised £100 for the school leadership programme.
This year the race was attended by Japes, a local Joelette And People Experiences charity. Japes allows people to take part in running through the use of a Joelette, and runs entirely on volunteers giving up their time. Nelson, who founded Japes, crowdfunded the charity by running the John Muir Way – equivalent to five marathons over 5 days! CDT were delighted to have Japes take part in the 10K Challenge, and hope to have the charity return next year.
CDT would like to say a huge thankyou to all our volunteers – without volunteers we couldn’t host these events!
To find your time from Carluke on the Run follow this link http://results.perfecttimingscotland.co.uk/Results.aspx?Cld=20065&Rld=13&Eld=1
- Female 1st – Jo Williams
- Female 2nd – Joanne Clark
- Female 3rd – Claire Campbell-swan
- Male 1st -Richard Carr
- Male 2nd – Darran Muir
- Male 3rd – Stephen Wylie
- Female Junior 1st – Holly Tennant
- Female Veteran 1st – Joanne Clark
- Female Veteran 2nd – Tomoyo Fujiwara
- Female Veteran 3rd – Lisa Major
- Female S.Veteran 1st – Marion O’Connor
- Female S.Veteran 2nd – Francis Wood
- Male Junior 1st – Ryan Kirkland
- Male Junior 2nd – Finn Milligan
- Male Junior 3rd – Kian Fitzgerald
- Male Veteran 1st – Darran Muir
- Male Veteran 2nd – Stephen Wylie
- Male Veteran 3rd – Michael Healy
- Male S.Veteran 1st – Lez Hill
- Male S.Veteran 2nd – Terence Grady
- Male S.Veteran 3rd – Sandy Eaglesham
- Group 1st – Lothian Running Club
- Group 2nd – Cambuslang Harriers
- Group 3rd – Cobra Scotland