The community garden will become a place where Carluke’s communities can work, grow and relax together. We also want it to become a place that encourages closer connections with Carluke’s natural environment.
Everyone in Carluke is encouraged to create something for the community garden inspired by up-cycling, reuse and environmental sustainability.
The competition will be part of the Jam and Ham festival, with winners being announced on the first day of the festival, Saturday 26th September at Carluke High Mill. All ages and backgrounds are encouraged to enter.
As the project develops these entries will be enjoyed for generations to come.
These entries can be in any of the following categories:
- Garden furniture
- Decorative planter or pot
- Bird / wildlife homes / ornamental item.
How to submit your entry
Pre-printed forms can be obtained from Carluke Development Trust,
76 High Street, Carluke, [email protected], or you can call the Helpdesk on 07815 312 562!
- Can be from individuals/groups/households/schools.
- Should have an identifying mark or name, just as craftsmen of old left their mark.
- should be constructed from predominately environmentally friendly, recycled materials.
- Should be safe for use by both children and adults.
- Are to be used to beautify the community garden.
- Entry Forms should be submitted by Wednesday 16th September. All entries should be delivered to the Mill Garden by Saturday 19th September.
All entries will remain the property of Carluke Development Trust for outdoor display within the Carluke Community Garden located at the High Mill.