Jam & Ham Photography Competition
Our Jam & Ham Festival Photography Competition is designed to celebrate and showcase our local community from our people to our area. We would also love to see small charities and community groups enter.
Members or the community and community groups in ONE Carluke Area Network are invited to send in amateur photographs (maximum two) that capture the essence of community for them.
The shots will be judged in two categories:
1. Our People
2. Our Place
1st Prize: £50
2nd Prize: £30
3rd Prize: £20
We want to see the people of our area, the vibrancy, the energy, the magic that shows our community in both our people and our places.
An enthusiastic panel of judges will choose the top three photographs from both categories.
Photos from both categories could include people (with permission) in them (street photography, family, friends, staff, beneficiaries, volunteers, for example). The photographs can be literal or artistic.
The shortlisted photographers will be invited to a special Community photography exhibition in October 2023, where their enlarged photos will be displayed in an exhibition for an invited audience to enjoy. Highly commended photos will also be displayed.
How to Enter & Competition Rules:
Photos must be taken in the ONE Carluke Area Network which is the Clydesdale Ward 1
Community groups must be based in the ONE Carluke Area Network
Ideally photos should be high quality – at least 300 dpi or greater in either colour or black and white
Any person in a photograph must have given their permission for it to be taken and used for the competition
Images submitted to the competition should submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header: Jam & Ham Photo Competition
Terms & Conditions.
- To enter this competition, you must be the author of the image(s) and own the copyright. ONECarluke Area Network (ONECAN) accepts no liability if an image is unlawfully reproduced.
- Entrants must ensure that anyone featured in submitted photographs has given their consent to be included and used for the purposes of this competition and if successful that their image may be used in ONECAN promotional materials and social media. By submitting your photograph you are confirming you have the required permission.
- If images are of a community group, they should be taken by the community group they represent. We do not want the competition to contain photographs taken professionally.
- Images submitted to the competition must be of high resolution (300dpi or greater) and submitted by email to email@example.com with subject header: Jam & Ham Photo Competition clearly stating the author or group name, the category entered and telephone and email contact details of the sender. (We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.)
- Entrants will retain the copyright of their image(s) but in entering the competition they agree to allow ONECAN to reproduce, enlarge, publish, exhibit (print & digital) their images for promotional purposes.
- The deadline for entries is 5pm on Tuesday 5th September 2023. Entries will not be accepted after this times
- Entries will be judged by a panel and winners notified by the 16th September, and announced on the ONECAN website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn) on the week commencing the 25th September 2023
- Payments will be made after details are confirmed.
- ONECAN’s decision on the winning entry is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding judging and competition organisation.
- By entering the competition, you agree to ONECAN using your details to process your entry. Your details will not be used for marketing purposes.