CDT Spinal Point 12 to 17 – £21,589 to £23,836
Carluke Development Trust (CDT) is seeking an experienced individual to join the ONECarluke Area Network
(ONECAN) Group’s development team. The successful individual will establish and maintain appropriate
structures for the recruitment and support of volunteers donating their time, skills and experience to our
community led projects.
Duties will include:
• Recruit, train and manage volunteers involved in the delivery of activities developed by the ONECAN
Group and CDT ensuring that the organisations are following best practice and that risk is always
• Monitor and evaluate the project, identifying how the programme empowers, builds confidence,
increases the social impact of the various projects, whilst decreasing the social isolation of participants
• Build relationships with local organisations and services to generate and promote appropriate
• Research and write volunteer policies and procedures, and risk assessments
• Recruit and interview volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for a position
within the relevant project/opportunity.
• Carry out pre-volunteering checks, including references and Disclosure/PVG checks
• Ensure there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
• Contribute to ONECAN’s monitoring, review, evaluation, and reporting structures.
• Provision of clear and concise update/progress reports to the groups/boards that CDT supports outlining
progress against budget and performance outputs and outcomes.
It is more important that our new team member, has the passion to support our communities, but some of
the experiences, qualifications and skills set out below would be advantageous.
• Relevant qualifications or extensive experience in Volunteer Development and Support policies and
• Experience in contributing from a volunteering aspect to the development and submission of grant
funding application to a variety of local, and national funding agencies.
• Experience of Community Engagement and Participation support.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Due to the nature of the post a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle would be required.
What do we offer the right candidate:
• 28 Days annual leave.
• Employer Pension Scheme.
• 4 day working week across Monday to Saturday.
• Access to fully paid development training and support.
Send your CV by email to:
Bill Anderson, CDT Development Manager, at:
Closing date: 18th November 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 28th November 2022.