Work starts on the next phase of the ONECarluke Community Growing & Learning Garden
Work has started on the development of the ONECAN Community Space within the ONECarluke Community Growing & Learning Garden.
This initial work will see the creation of a new road surface and parking spaces which will include accessible parking.
The Community Space will also host the new Clydesdale Food Bank HUB as well as a new Community Shed facility that will include a number of community groups and activities including the Carluke Men’s Shed, and community space for future events and activities.
The construction process will also create:
- A new road from the Chapel Street Entrance to the top of the hill in front of the Carluke High Mill Tower including car parking spaces and a turning circle.
- Several parking spaces including accessible parking spaces.
- A Path Network throughout the site.
- d. New Drainage systems throughout the site.
- A New pedestrian entrance leading from the Moor Park onto the site.
- Hard standing areas that will allow the creation of the James Pettigrew Apiary and the construction of the new Growing & Learning (Outdoor Classroom) block.